Monday, November 21, 2011

New Week: I Shall Be Released




It is morning on the west coast of America. The weekend was a good breather from my intense practice last week, but I'm really looking forward to another week and the challenge of keeping the commitment going. Have you read the book "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield?  In it he talks about resistance and how resistance takes on many forms in the life of an artist. It can take on the form of personal drama, illness, a messy house, and basically any distraction. Over the weekend, I found myself being distracted by things I can't control and I take comfort in knowing that Monday is here and my piano is the number one priority. No distractions. Just focus. I can't believe I am taking comfort in Mondays. 


Okay, here I go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment