Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 18: Bad Girl



I was a very bad girl yesterday. I sang on a sore throat. Bad bad bad. Now I am paying the price. I can't sing. I really had no choice. I had my student's piano recital at the retirement home and I always lead sing-alongs at the end. My sickly voice has a real chesty quality. I liked it. It reminded me of the "Friends" episode when Pheobe gets sick and develops this really sexy singing voice. She keeps trying to get sick again so that she can get that great voice back. I admit, the sick voice is kinda cool, but I know better. It's important to rest a tired voice. So today, I didn't sing. Oh I tried, and the sound that came out was sad, sad, sad. So I played piano for 3 hours. It was nice. I played all Christmas songs, because I am less than 15 days away from my first holiday gig. Losing my voice made me put that expressive energy into my playing. A blessing in disguise, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment