Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 13: Crucify


One of my biggest hurdles is my own inner critic. You know what I mean... the bitch in my head who tells me I'm not talented and that everything I create is terrible. She's awful. Everyone has an inner critic. They are usually a combination of every critical voice you have ever heard. Bits of my mean guidance counselor, a smidge of my parents, an ex-boyfriend here and there, a sprinkle of the verbally abusive theatre teacher from high school. It's like they all get together for a party in my head every time I sit down to write a song. I'm still learning how to quiet them down, and from what other artists tell me, this self criticism never really goes away. The inner critic is always there, trying to keep you from doing your work. Tonight I am kicking the negative voices out and I am just going to listen to the music and stay focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment